At the undergraduate level, we currently offer a Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology, which is a fully online bachelor’s degree completion program.
At the graduate level, we offer several Masters level graduate programs via distance education for qualified applicants. We offer the following online degrees:
- Professional Master’s Degree in Information Technology – 30 credit hours
- Master’s of Science in Industrial Engineering (MSIE) – 30 credit hours
- Graduate Certificate in Systems Engineering – 12 credit hours
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE)
Courses are delivered through the use of Learning Management Systems, downloadable web files, DVD’s, and some live classes, when appropriate. The distance education classes are some times “piggy-backed” with the on-campus offerings.
Except for the Professional Master’s in Information Technology which is 100% online, all graduate distance education students come to Las Cruces after completing the required coursework to take a final oral master’s examination.
To learn more about these programs of study, please refer to the page for Prospective Students. Here you will find additional information about:
- Programs of Study
- Admissions information and applications.
- Faculty – contact information for both Industrial and Mechanical Engineering faculty.
- What People are Saying – quotes from alumni.
If you are already enrolled, the page for Enrolled Students will provide you with additional information you will need while completing the program:
- Taking Courses – courses offered for each semester and registration information.
- Technical Issues for course delivery.
- Student Services – purchasing course materials through the NMSU bookstore and how to receive your transcripts.
- Graduation – a checklist of graduation requirements.