Engineering Distance Education
Sign up on Twitter to receive the latest NMSU Distance Education news @DrPines
At the undergraduate level, we currently offer a Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology, a completion program. For more information, please click here.
At the graduate level, we offer the Master of Science in Industrial Engineering (30 credit hours) by distance education for qualified applicants. We offer the following degrees:
- Master's of Science in Industrial Engineering (MSIE) - 30 credit hours
- Graduate Certificate in Systems Engineering - 12 credit hours
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) - contact Ms. Sue Kord
Courses are delivered via a mixture of downloadable web files, CD’s, video tape, and some live classes, when appropriate. The distance education classes are frequently "piggy-backed" with the on-campus offerings.
All graduate distance education students come to Las Cruces after completing the required coursework to take a final oral master's examination.
To learn more about these programs of study, please refer to the page for Prospective Students. Here you will find additional information about:
- Programs of Study
- Admissions information and applications.
- Faculty - contact information for both Industrial and Mechanical Engineering faculty.
- What People are Saying – quotes from alumni.
If you are already enrolled, the page for Enrolled Students will provide you with additional information you will need while completing the program:
- Taking Courses – courses offered for each semester and registration information.
- Technical Issues for course delivery.
- Student Services – purchasing course materials through the NMSU bookstore and how to receive your transcripts.
- Graduation – a checklist of graduation requirements.